Utilizing Venmo for Reaching Your Fundraising Goal!
Thank you for your interest in utilizing Venmo to fundraise for your Walk team! Above, you’ll see two graphics to help with your fundraising efforts to use on Instagram!
You will want to share the 1st graphic to your Instagram story first.
- Over the poll placeholder, you’ll want to go to the sticker button (located at the top once you select an image to add to your story) and add a poll.
- Place the poll over the poll holder. Adjust the “YES | NO” options to read “YES | MAKE IT $10.”
- Then go ahead and share your story!
Then you’ll want to share the 2nd graphic!
- Enter your Venmo handle as text on the white line, and click share!
An excellent way to follow up to ensure you get the donations from those who voted on your poll is to direct message them, thank them for their interest, ask them for their Venmo username, and how much they wish to donate. When they respond, you can go ahead and request them on Venmo for the donation amount. Once they completed the request, make sure you update your story by sharing the 2nd graphic with their Instagram username over the amount they donated to you!
New to Instagram Stories? Click here to view a step by step guide!
Good luck with filling your For Pete’s Sake, Walk! Venmo donation bingo board! Once you have filled your board, make sure you transfer your funds to @breakfromcancer and it the “What’s it for?” section put your Walk team name!
Other ways to Fundraise using Venmo:
- You can go through your friend’s list on Venmo and request everyone $5! Make sure you indicate the purpose of the transaction request. If you’re fundraising for our For Pete’s Sake, Walk! event you can say something like, “No amount is too small for families facing cancer! Please consider helping me fundraise for @breakfromcancer!” Once someone completes your request, you can transfer the funds to For Pete’s Sake’s Venmo account, @breakfromcancer. Be sure to indicate in the “What’s it for?” section the name of your Walk team.
- Share your fundraising page in a group chat or send it out via email with a message, including your Venmo account handle! An example would be, “Hi! Please consider helping to support my fundraising for the For Pete’s Sake, Walk! event. Any amount helps when it comes to families facing cancer! You can even Venmo me your contribution to @enteryourhandlehere! Thank you for your support!” Then transfer the funds to @breakfromcancer and indicate in the “What’s it for?” section the name of your Walk team.
- You can also encourage your friends and family to donate directly to For Pete’s Sake on Venmo; our handle is @breakfromcancer! Just make sure they list your name and that it is for the For Pete’s Sake, Walk! in the “What’s it for?” section.