50th Annual Captain Bill Gallagher 10 Mile Island Run
When: august 14, 2021
Where: sea isle city, NY
In September of 1999, Sea Isle City Beach Patrol said goodbye to former lifeguard Peter R. Bossow, Jr. after he lost his battle with testicular cancer. Prior to his death at age thirty, Peter founded For Pete’s Sake Cancer Respite Foundation, an organization dedicated to providing respite vacations for adult cancer patients and their families. Since his death, For Pete’s Sake has been sending families on weeklong respites to donated homes along the Jersey Shore and to other vacation locations along the East Coast. These unforgettable and lasting vacations provide cancer patients and their loved ones the opportunity to strengthen, deepen, and unify their relationships.
The beach patrol encourages individuals and teams to support FPS by making a donation when registering. You will receive a thank you and receipt for this donation directly from For Pate’s Sake. You can also create your own page and set a goal using Active. The Sea Isle City Beach Patrol Lifeguards Association will donate $15.00 for every runner who raises $250 or more for the above stated mission of For Pete’s Sake.
Route: Sea Isle City Beach Patrol Headquarters, located at 44th Street and the Boardwalk. Run north on the boardwalk to the 29th Street ramp, onto the beach to the Strathmere turn around, return over the same route running south to the 57th Street ramp, onto the beach to the Townsend’s Inlet.
Help FPS Runner, Tony DiBrino, raise $3,5000 in his running efforts! You can make a donation in honor of Tony’s run on his personal fundraising page. Click here.
Interested in sponsoring this event? Click here
How To Join Team FPS:
If you plan to run as part of Team FPS this year, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To join our team:
Register with Active:
1. Click Here
2. Select the first option: Running-10 Mile -select “Corporate Teams” Under “Team Registration”
4. Enter your email in the “New User” box and hit “Continue” OR use your login info from a
previous year in the “Sign in with your Email Address”” box
5. Choose the option that says you are registering “Yourself”
6. This brings you to a general information form including name, t-shirt size, etc. On this page is also “Team Information”
7. Choose “Join a Team” and then “For Pete’s Sake Cancer Respite Foundation” from the options that drop down
8. Continue with payment information and you are ALL SET!
THANK YOU TO TEAM FPS SPONSORS:
McDonald Building Company