We need YOUR HELP for GivingTuesday 2019!
November 6, 2019 – Help For Pete’s Sake Reach their #GivingTuesday Goal and Engage Your Workplace!
Join us on December 3rd and share the mission of FPS on #GivingTuesday, a national day of giving. Each year, the success of this one day giving campaign is dependent upon our mission ambassadors like you. We all have the ability to be philanthropists and infuse our world with gratitude and hope. Here are the ways you can help!
- Select FPS as your charity of choice on #GivingTuesday and set a goal to raise $2,500 to support a family facing cancer and give them the gift of time through a cancer respite experience.
- FPS will create a customized fundraising page to support your efforts (see page 2 for samples). Your page will include a story of a family facing cancer, your company logo and a customized message requesting support. Our fundraising pages integrate with Facebook to extend your outreach, we can help guide you through establishing this resource with you.
- Facebook Fundraisers are effective ways to both share the mission of FPS and raise funds to help families take a break from cancer. On #GivingTuesday, Facebook and PayPal will match donations up to 7 million dollars!
- Make phone calls and send an email to your colleagues, business vendors and clients and ask them to support your charity of choice. Find a sample email on page 3, or feel free to share your own experience with FPS and write your own.
- Post on Social Media. Post our sample language to garner support from your Facebook, Instagram and Twitter fans. See page 3 for sample posts and links for images.
- Day of Service. We want to provide your employees a day of service with the mission of For Pete’s Sake by providing the opportunity to Take a Break to relax, refresh, reconnect and rejuvenate. (Hosted in January or February 2020.)
CORPORATE FUNDRAISING PAGE SAMPLE
A PATIENT STORY SHARED ON EVERY CORPORATE FUNDRAISING PAGE
Sample Facebook Post:
Will you help give the gift of time to cancer patients and their loved ones? Join [Company Name] on #GivingTuesday as we support @ForPetesSakeCancerRespiteFoundation and give families a break from cancer!
How do you measure the gift of time?
YOUR donation provides time for precious laughter, reconnection and renewal for adult cancer patients, their caregivers and their children. The moments shared on FPS cancer respites result in strengthened relationships, open the door for the opportunity to renew their hope for the days ahead and create memories that aren’t convoluted by cancer.
Please donate today [insert link to your FPS GivingTuesday page: http://events.takeabreakfromcancer.org/FPSGivingTuesday19/company name]
Sample Instagram Post:
These moments turned to priceless memories are brought to you by @takebreakfromcancer! Give the gift of time to families facing cancer, and join [Company Name] on #GivingTuesday as we support For Pete’s Sake Cancer Respite Foundation! For Pete’s Sake provides time for laughter, reconnection and renewal for adult cancer patients, their caregivers and their children by providing cancer respites – a break from cancer. Learn more about their mission and support them by making a donation, visit http://events.takeabreakfromcancer.org/FPSGivingTuesday19/company name.
Sample Twitter Post:
Give the gift of time to families facing cancer this #GivingTuesday. Donate here: [insert link to your FPS GivingTuesday page: http://events.takeabreakfromcancer.org/FPSGivingTuesday19/company name]
Sample Email Text:
How do you measure the gift of time?
Cancer consumes individuals’ lives with stress, worry and anxiety, but together we can provide a break from cancer to patients and their loved ones by giving the gift of time. Giving the gift of time means giving the gift of love, laughter and the opportunity to make lasting memories. Join [Company Name] in supporting our charity of choice, For Pete’s Sake Cancer Respite Foundation (FPS) on #GivingTuesday (12.03.19), a national day of giving.
FPS donors provide time for reconnection and renewal for adult cancer patients, their caregivers and their children through cancer respite experiences. Last year, FPS provided 85,500 hours of memories, precious family time, reconnection, love, and laughter. This equates to 3,600 total days of healing, anxiety and stress reduction, support, and engagement. Beyond the respite, the FPS community of staff and volunteers continues to provide emotional support and access to other resources, including the chance for families to take mini breaks at events each month. Imagine lives disrupted by a devastating diagnosis, fused together again by the love and care of a generous community.
This year, FPS is celebrating 20 years of providing the gift of time! In the last year alone, they’ve received nearly a thousand inquiries into their program. The need to give the gift of respite is needed now more than ever. To commemorate this monumental stepping stone in their history, and to help support the longevity of their necessary program – they need our help!
Please make a donation using this link (insert link to your FPS GivingTuesday page: http://events.takeabreakfromcancer.org/FPSGivingTuesday19/company name), and help FPS reach their overall goal of raising $75,000 through #GivingTuesday! This year, the first $10,000 raised will be matched. Contribute early to double your impact and help provide cancer respite to twice as many families. The clock is ticking! Let’s help this organization touch more lives than ever before in this 24-hour give-a-thon. Together, we’ll provide cancer patients with the opportunity to create lasting memories. Together, we’ll give the gift of time!