Inquire About Our Program
Are you an adult cancer patient who needs a break from cancer? Our mission is to enable cancer patients and their loved ones to strengthen, deepen and unify their relationships by creating unforgettable and lasting respite experiences.
We offer Travel Respite and Staycation Respite experiences and have specific requirements for each. General requirements include the following:
- Patient must be between 24-55 years of age and diagnosed with cancer by an oncologist in the past two years.
- Patient must have a diagnosis between Stage I and Stage IV. Nonstaged cancers such as leukemia, myeloma and lymphoma are accepted. At our discretion, priority is given to advanced stage patients based upon funding and respite destination availability.
- Patient must be nominated by a health care professional who is a member of the patient’s oncology team.
- Patient must be in active treatment within the last six months. Active treatment includes chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiation and/or surgery.
- Patient must reside in DE, PA, NJ, NY or MD.
- Patient has not applied to another nonprofit for a wish/respite/vacation or traveled on a self-funded or nonprofit supported wish/respite/vacation since diagnosis or recurrence.
- Patient is not planning a respite/vacation in the upcoming 12 months from date of nomination.
- Patient must be able to travel within 120 days of nomination and the destination will be determined based upon funding and respite availability.
- Patient must have a primary adult caregiver available to travel on respite.
To learn more about our program, fill out the form below and we’ll follow up within 3 business days. We look forward to working with you to bring healing, hope and happiness to you and your family in your journey!