Effective Date: March 29, 2023
For Pete’s Sake Cancer Respite Foundation (“Organization” or “We”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.takeabreakfromcancer.org (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we may collect:
- On the Website; and
- In email, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
You may voluntarily provide information about yourself when you use certain features of the Website. For example, you may choose to provide us with information when signing up for our newsletter, making a purchase, making a donation (which will also subscribe you to our email list if permitted under applicable law), creating a fundraising page/team, commenting on a blog, contacting us, requesting to volunteer, and/or using certain other services and features on our Website This may include information such as your name, physical address, e-mail address, ZIP code, billing and payment card information, phone number, date of birth, employer and country of residence. All submissions via our website are made using SSL encryption.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your e-mail address; and
We collect this information:
- Directly from you if you provide it to us; and
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our website may include:
- Records and copies of your correspondence, if you contact us or join our email list; and
- Details of donations you carry out through our website and of the fulfillment of your donation. You may be required to provide financial information before making a donation through our website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; and
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies.Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons.Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Organization, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information that you request from us;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website;
- To allow you to make donations to and get involved with our Organization;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent;
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of For Pete’s Sake Cancer Respite Foundation’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by For Pete’s Sake Cancer Respite Foundation about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
Thought our Organization makes every effort to preserve user privacy, we may also need to disclose personal information:
- When required to comply with any court order, law, or legal process served on our Organization, or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Organization, its personnel or others.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Our Organization does not host any form of advertising on our Website or email communications except those related to event sponsorships.