fps take a break club
Creating Compassionate Leaders of Tomorrow!
Students are the future of For Pete’s Sake, and more importantly, the world! Our Take A Break Club integrates the FPS mantra of taking a break to experience peace and gratitude while guiding students to become compassionate, philanthropic leaders.
Nearly half of our Travelers each year are children at risk of losing a parent to cancer, and our Take a Break Club members take an active role in helping these children receive emotional relief.
When a student supports For Pete’s Sake they:
- Meet and create lasting relationships with others who share the same philanthropic passion.
- Learn the importance of gratitude in life and gain valuable leadership knowledge for their future.
- Support their peers – teenagers who are experiencing the stress of a parent’s cancer diagnosis – by helping their families take a break from cancer!
Take a Break Club Mission
To create a club that supports the efforts of FPS and its role in addressing the pyscho-social, emotional and spiritual health of families in the cancer crisis. The club will also apply the culture of FPS and its mantra of taking a break to the high school experience.
Take a Break Club Core Principles
- To support the notion of taking a break and its significance, both in the FPS mission and in the general public.
- To raise awareness of emotional health during the cancer crisis and connecting with FPS travelers.
- To pay it forward to support FPS families taking a break from cancer.
The only way For Pete’s Sake will continue to make a lasting difference is if the culture of caring and humanity is transmitted to our youth, who will take that excitement and energy into our next era of transforming cancer patients’ lives!
Are you or your child interested in started a high school club? If so, please email Caitlin Quon for your Take a Break Club Toolkit today!
A special thank you to our Founding Take a Break Club Leaders, Maura Schankweiler and Natalie Walker from Mount Saint Joseph Academy, Flourtown, PA