Inquire About Our Program
Do you want to learn how to nominate your patient for a break from cancer? For Pete’s Sake enables cancer patients and their loved ones to strengthen, deepen and unify their relationships by creating unforgettable and lasting respite experiences. Only Oncology Team members are permitted to make a nomination to our program, and new nominators must undergo a brief in-service to understand our mission and guidelines. We rely on our nominators to best identify those patients that would most benefit from our Travel and Staycation Respite programs. We are currently accepting nominations for both programs.
To be considered for our programs, we have detailed requirements. These requirements include the following:
1. Patient must be between 21-55 years of age, nominated by a healthcare professional who is a member of the patient’s oncology team, and diagnosed with cancer by an oncologist.
2. Patient must have a cancer diagnosis between Stage I and Stage IV. Nonstaged cancers such as leukemia, myeloma and lymphoma are accepted. At our discretion, priority is given to advanced stage patients based upon funding and respite destination availability.
3. The patient has been in active treatment within the last six months. Active treatment includes chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiation and/or surgery.
4. Patient must reside in DE, PA, NJ, NY, or MD.
5. Patient has not applied or received from another nonprofit a wish/respite/vacation in the last two years.
6. Patient must be able to travel within 120 days of nomination. The date and destination will be decided by the Program Committee.
7. Patient must have a primary adult caregiver available to travel on respite. Further, only immediate household family members of the patient are permitted on respite, if applicable.
To learn more about our program, fill out the form below and we’ll follow up within 3 business days. We look forward to working with you to bring healing, hope and happiness to your patients and their families.